GMT GRANITE MASTER SQUARE
Made of fine-grained, black, Metrology grade granite, the GMT 6-Face Granite Master Squares are used to check squareness or parallelism of any artefact or structure. Master squares have six finished faces. One large square face is flat and perpendicular to the four sides, which are parallel and perpendicular to one another.
We grind and lap the working surfaces so that they are parallel to each other and polish the remaining sides. They have through-holes for weight reduction and ease of handling. GMT 6-Face Granite Master Squares are ideal for accurately checking the X-Y-Z axes. Best dimensional reference for CNC machine tools and coordinate measuring machines.
When the square is in the horizontal position, you can check for squareness of the X and Y axes. To check the perpendicularity of the Z-axis, with the square in the vertical position. Then you have to trace along the vertical edge of the square with a gage. To check parallelism to the table, in the X and Y axes, trace along the top edge of the square while in the vertical position,
- 6-Face Granite Master Squares are made from world-famous Indian Black Granite, they are best suited for Metrology.
- They have two large faces and four edges flat, square and parallel to each other.
- In addition, they have holes to reduce their weight. These holes are used for handling also.
- Furthermore, GMT granite squares are available in custom sizes and configurations.
- GMT uses extremely tight tolerances in the manufacture of Granite Master Squares.
- Can be used for accurate inspection of the X-Y-Z axes on CNC machine tools and coordinate measuring machines.
- Also can be used on any work that requires the checking of squareness or parallelism.
Finally, please visit us at https://gmtmachinetools.blogspot.com – a new blog dedicated to all GMT customers…interact with our technical experts.