GMT – EXPANDING MANDREL
GMT Expanding mandrels are especially suitable for thin-walled components. Expanding mandrels are the ideal solution to various internal clamping problems. Expanding mandrels provide the benefits of versatility and accuracy when compared to other workholding methods. The power-operated, flange type expanding mandrel can be used on any machine with drawbar facility. Because of the natural pull back action of the sleeve, it ensures the component is resting against the locating face. There is high clamping force due to the clamping sleeve being in contact along its entire length through a double angle.
Expanding mandrels provide the following workholding features:
- High gripping
- High level of concentricity
- Quick and secure clamping
- Positive location against backstops
- Controlled datums
- Generous expansion capacities
- Positioning accuracy
- Sleeve interchangeability – because the sleeves in one type are interchangeable, a single expanding mandrel covers a wide clamping range
- No pressure marks in the clamped bore.
- Easy loading
Besides, expanding mandrels may be dedicated to one component or a range of component types and sizes, locating in and gripping component bores.
Please visit us at https://gmtmachinetools.blogspot.com – a new blog dedicated to all GMT customers…interact with our technical experts.